Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Potty Training

I know that James may seem a Little young to be potty training (17 months old). But he has made it clear that he is ready. For example the other day I was changing his diaper, as soon as the diaper came off he started say "Pee Pee" over and over again. The next thing I new Pee was flying all over the place. This drew the line for me since he has been doing similar things for the last two months. Yesterday James and I went to Walmart and picked out training pants, an Elmo potty book and an Elmo potty movie. This morning was our first attempt. I put him on the potty and told him to go "Pee Pee", and after about 3 minutes of pure concentration, and some flexing of his stomach muscles he signed "All-done." I assumed that he hadn't gone because it was his first try, but sure enough when I took him of the toilet their was "Pee Pee" in there. Not wanting to overwhelm him or push him to hard to go to the bathroom I waited two hours before the next attempt. Sure enough attempt #2 was also a success. I am so proud of him. He didn't stay dry between bathroom brakes but I think for day one he as done extremely well. Wish us luck in this new milestone, we are hoping to have him completely potty trained in 6 months (age 2).


5 comments:

The Alvords said...

Wow, good for you guys and little James! I can't believe he is interested at such a young age, that is awesome. He is so cute. I love that he drew on himself in the potty pictures. I can't wait to see baby girl!

Love,
Courtney Spiker-Alvord

Mike and Anna said...

your little boy is so adorable! Potty training wow!! Time flies! So hows your pregnancy going? You are having a little girl right? That should be fun. Well anyway...let me know how you are doing!

The Everts said...

Wow! That's awesome! I thought Ethan was ready too. He went pee one time on his potty and since then wants nothing to do with the potty. I'm going to try again in a couple of weeks. Good job James! Right on!!

michele said...

Way to go Jamsey! I love that he drew on himself...that is too funny! Hopefully he didn't draw on anything else. I you guys! You know you can call on me to babysit!

jessicalangprice said...

Hey, that's great! I wish Kelsey was into it! She hates her potty right now. He looks so cute, we miss him! I bet he's talking so much right now too. Oh, and I think it is funny that you have friends named "Mike & Anna." Some of our best friends are a couple named Mike & Anna! Good luck with the continued success in potty training!