Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quick Pregnancy Up-date

Well… Baby Emily is trying her best to arrive early (just like her brother). With 5 weeks still to go my body is progressing very quickly through this first stage of labor. As of Monday I was 70% effaced and almost 2cm dilated, so my doctor decided to put me on bed rest for the next two weeks. This is to try and prevent what could be a very early delivery. When my water broke with James (3 weeks early) I was 75% effaced and 3cm dilated. You can see that potentially I don’t have long before she gets here. Bed rest sucks... and it's even worse with a 1 &1/2 year old. I am feeling very sad because James is going to have to spend a few days a week with people from the church in order for me to get the proper rest that I need to make sure that Emily arrives healthy. Wish me luck as I lay on my couch (feet up) with absolutely nothing to do for the next two weeks. Pray for Emily that when she arrives she can be healthy enough to avoid the NICU. Thank you!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, I didn't know you were due so soon! How exciting. Yes, rest all you can. Once that baby comes, you never seem to have one SECOND to rest!!! :)

Steve and Steph said...

Aw! You guys will be in our prayers! I wish I was around to help out with James! We might be moving there soon...so then I can come help out! Get your rest and if you need some book recommendations let me know!

The Everts said...

I can relate to bed rest. It really SUCKS. I hope everything goes okay for you! I know it will!!

Julie said...

Oh I am sorry! We will pray that your little Emily (by the way I love the name and it happens to be my sister's name too) comes later rather than earlier! Oh and where are you guys living these days?